Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back at it

So I had some extra time and the sun wasn't beating down on me for the first day in weeks. I decided to start back up on my summer project. If you remember, that's the old soda slider/cooler... yeah, that one. Today was sanding and priming. I wished I could have gotten more of the bad rust spots cleaner cut but I don't think I have the tools, nor the expertise and possibly, the best health care options to ensure a successful result. With that said, here's how far I've gotten so far. The main cooler itself was sanded, and primed white with 2 coats. Looks better already instead of being that nasty red color. The interior and shelf are both now silver hammerite. Oh and the door is also off its hinges and primed too. Tomorrow I plan to actually match the new Pepsi blue at Home Depot. If it ain't right, or looks just weird, I'll just prime it again. And I can't remember if I have shared what its supposed to look like so I'll post a link to view that too.



1 comment:

  1. It's looking much better then when you found it. Coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete