Sunday, January 23, 2011

Waking up in a strange place

I woke up this morning like every morning... to Makita and Bacon whining "Dad!!! The sun is up. Time to eat something and go outside! DAD!!!" So, I climb out of bed at 7:10am on a Sunday, a perfectly good day to not move an inch. I go to their room, unlock the gate and they run out. But where is KC? Lately, the poor little blind guy doesn't hear much either. He's become a very VERY sound sleeper. Even for the first 5 seconds of petting him to wake him up, he almost feels like he's no longer with us. So anyway, I turn the corner and I see this.

He is so snuggled up in the dog dish pan, and soooo fast asleep I almost didn't want to wake him. But I felt bad thinking "just how comfortable can this be?" Its a flat plastic pan, really meant for us to throw our dirty and wet shoes on so it doesn't leave puddles on the floor. Instead, its become a new bed for KC. In any case, I rescued him anyway, got him outside and back in ( at minus 6 degrees mind you ) and a treat and then snuggled on his real blanket and pillow thanks to Brodie!  

1 comment:

  1. I would have had a stroke first, but he also wouldnt have left me and if he had I found him there...Oh dear with the tears.

    ReplyDelete