Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lots of Snow - Trip to East Otto

I decided to take some pics while driving home to East Otto for Thanksgiving. It was rather strange this year weather wise, as I was seeing snow in places I wasn't expecting. Some of the hills were green and sunny, and then small towns along Route 17/I-86 were pummeled with the white stuff.


I thought the pic below was really neat, seeing the snow sit on each branch. I'm just glad I didn't go off the highway taking the picture!


Below you will see my parent's front yard. I believe this was about 30 some odd inches of snow. Pretty, right?


Here's the front porch. Poor little christmas tree was almost covered by one of the snow banks Dad created with the plow. And no, people do not use the front stairs to come in the house. Don't worry.... we believe in Safety First.... now go to the back door, and TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES!


And the last shot I took was of the side yard. This large pine used to be a teeny-tiny tree. Now its this monster... but a beauty. I love how its huge branches catch all the snow. I wonder if I could get rid of the background of the neighbors house and use that as a christmas card? Hmmm...

2 comments:

  1. I drive right by "East Otto Road" on 219 when we travel home! There's more snow south of here than in Buffalo - and your pictures prove it. Holiday Valley opened a week early this year! :) Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I had no idea there was so much snow up there already. Tell Mr. Winter to come visit Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete