Tuesday, May 31, 2011

CHALLENGE : Pool Stumps

Take a quick look of these 4 stumps in the ground in front of the pool filter (right side of picture).

















They used to stand about 10 feet tall until Lindsey and I were able to chop them down in early Spring before moving in. They blocked the filter from view, but they were one mangled ugly mess of bush and really blocked the beauty of the backyard as they stuck out like a sore thumb. I wish I would have gotten a picture of that way back when. Anyway, we both knew these stumps needed to be removed but wasn't really possible by ripping them out with a truck and chain since the fence is right there behind the filter. So, grabbing a shovel, clippers and small garden shovel, I begin at 11am. 4 stumps... Well, by 4pm I was able to get 3 of them out. I really thought I'd be able to get them all... leaving the easiest for last. Oh no... I think I was just fooling myself. So, when my energy level is back at 100%, the stump like its fellow brothers will be soon in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment