Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Remembering Grandma Phyllis

Its not like its on my calendar, but its one of those dates that sticks in your head. Ironically, mom mentioned it to me yesterday that Grandma Phyllis passed a year ago. I thought it was the 28th, but she corrected me it was today. I can't believe a year has passed already.  There are many times I think of her, or she comes up in conversation with different people. I think just remembering her in our daily rituals shows how much she meant to all of us. Just the other day, when I was at work talking about quitting smoking, I brought up how I remembered that Grandma always had an ashtray on the back of the toilet, with one or two butts. Yet, we never saw her sneak a drag ever, nor was it necessary to think of it once you left the bathroom. It is just one of those funny things that shows noone is perfect, yet in your heart, she was. 
Grandma, we miss you and love you, and remember you often. Watch over us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment